Call your Assembly Member today and save rooftop solar! The California Solar and Energy Storage Association (CALSSA) recently announced that Assembly Bill 1139 heads to the Assembly Floor next week. This bill is looking to destroy rooftop solar, specifically, end Net Energy Metering (NEM) and put other provisions in place that restrict the benefits of having solar.
This bill is a profit grab by utility companies that will hinder the solar market and prevent it from expanding. See below for changes that will be made if the bill and its amendments pass.
- Termination of 20-year grandfather rates for
NEM 1.0 & 2.0
- Additional monthly charges for having solar
- Delete requirement of successor NEM tariffs
(i.e., NEM 3.0)
- Export credits set at wholesale hourly
- End additional funding set aside for low-income