Here is a quick overview on how solar works!
- Solar panels are mounted on your roof for optimal sun exposure, preferably facing south or west.
- Solar panels absorb the solar power and convert the power into DC power through solar modules.
- The solar inverter converts the DC power into useful AC power to be used in your home or business.
- When your solar system is overproducing, with net metering, your meter will spin backwards and credit your account.
- At night or anytime when the solar is not producing, you will seamlessly get your electricity from the utility grid (or battery if you have one).
Note on net metering: Your solar system is designed to offset your electricity usage potentially to 100%. With net metering, you will get credited for the excess energy your solar system produces, especially in the summer months when your solar is frequently overproducing.